Kali Haldi Curcuma Caesia - Indiaprice: contact company for price
Usage: –Germination (not for oil extraction)
Age: -Fresh(less than a year, good for germination
Origin: – India
Packing: -5, 10, 20, 25, 50 (P/P)
Availability: – Throughout the year
Hindi Name : Kali Haldi
Curcuma caesia, black turmeric or black zedoary is a perennial herb with bluish-black rhizome, native to North-East and Central India. Black turmeric is also sparsely found in the Papi Hills of East Godavari, West Godavari, and the Khammam districts of Andhra Pradesh. The rhizome of black turmeric has a high economic importance owing to its putative medicinal properties. In west Bengal, the rhizome of the plant is used in Kali Puja, and hence the plant is called Kali haldi. By etymology, Kali is the feminine form of Kala, which means black color and hence the plant is termed as black turmeric in English. This species has been regarded as endangered by the central forest department of India due to biopiracy.
The rhizomes are used as a rubeficient to rub the body after taking a Turkish bath. In Bengal, it is used in the fresh state-turmeric. The rhizomes of the herb are often used by the Baiga, Sahariya, Agariya, Gond, Korku, and other tribal communities of Mandla, Balaghat, Chhindwara, Anooppur, and Dindori district of Madhya Pradesh state for the treatment of pneumonia, cough, and cold in children, and for fever and asthma in adults. Fresh rhizomes are crushed and applied as a paste on forehead for relief from migraine or applied on the body for sprains and bruises. The rhizomes are claimed to have a property of acting against leukoderma, epilepsy, cancer and HIV/AIDS.
Cultivation and harvest
The cultivation and harvest practices are similar to that of common turmeric which is used in recipes. In the fields, the rhizomes are washed thoroughly and are placed in a wide mouthed cauldron. The water is poured in the cauldron such that the rhizomes are completely sunk. The caouldron is covered with a lid, and the rhizomes are boiled for about 30 minutes until foam oozes out with strong odour. The rhizomes are taken out whilst the water is reduced to one-third of its content and when they turn soft with their inner portion decolorized from blue to dark or pale brown. The rhizomes are then dried in hot sun for 10 to 15 days until they are hardened. These dried rhizomes are then packed for marketing.
- Posted By: greenfield agro forestry products
- Phone: 07566100041
- Address: Garha, jabalpur, India
Published date: February 12, 2014 -
- Business Description: Founded in 2003, Greenfield Agro Forestry Products (GAFP) delivers seeds of plants falling under agricultural, forestry and medicinal species. Our aim is to provide these rarely available (for sale) seeds to customer easily at their place without any hustle independent of the place they live at, and regardless of the fact that they are bulk buyers or retail ones . To do so GAFP provides these seeds to not only Indian customers but also to its international customers at their homes and offices. GAFP has done this with honest and on time delivery to their national and international clients.
GAFP, works from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. GAFP not only provide seeds but also provides support services to its customer in terms of information on How to sow seeds? and Whether a particular variety is suited for climatic and soil condition. Nourished by the gratitude of its benefactors and powered by the reach of local search and internet portals, this company has provided a wide variety of high quality seeds to everybody. Every single customer supports the entire greenery of world, and the greenery in return supports the balance of atmosphere.
The company was founded by Dr Kunji lal Soni, initially named Parvati Udyaniki in 2003. After five years of hard work the company was handed over to Kunal Soni in 2011 who renamed the company as Greenfield Agro Forestry Products. The company started its online trade in 2011, and went to international marketing in 2012.
Vaividang Medicinal Seeds Embelia RibesAgriculture - greenfield agro forestry products - India - February 12, 2014 - contact company for price
Embelia ribes (vaividang) Scientific Name:- vaividang Shape:- Round Size:- 0.2 Color: – Usage: –Germination (not for oil extraction) Age: -Fresh(less than a year, good for germination Origin: – India Packing: -5, 10, 20, 25, 50 (P/P) Availability: – ...
Kaju Fruits Tree Seeds Anacardium OccidentaleAgriculture - greenfield agro forestry products - India - February 12, 2014 - contact company for price
Kaju seeds Anacardium occidentale Scientific Name:- Anacardium occidentale Usage: –Germination (not for oil extraction) Age: -Fresh(less than a year, good for germination Origin: – India Packing: -5, 10, 20, 25, 50 (P/P) Availability: – Throughout th...
Safed Semal Medicinal Seeds Ceiba PentandraAgriculture - greenfield agro forestry products - India - February 12, 2014 - contact company for price
Scientific Name:- Ceiba pentandra Shape:- Round Size:- 0.4-0.6 Color: -White Usage: –Germination (not for oil extraction) Age: -Fresh(less than a year, good for germination Origin: – India Packing: -5, 10, 20, 25, 50 (P/P) Availability: – Throughout ...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"