Column Chromatography Silica Gel - Chinaprice: contact company for price
the solvent flows down the column. If the solvent is allowed to flow
down the column by gravity, or percolation, it is called gravity column
chromatography. If the solvent is forced down the column by positive air
pressure, it is called flash chromatography, a 'state of the art' method
currently used in organic chemistry research laboratories.
Silica gel (SiO2) and alumina (Al2O3) are two adsorbents commonly used by the organic chemist for column chromatography. These adsorbents are sold in different mesh sizes, as indicated by a number on the bottle label: “silica gel 60” or “silica gel 230-400” is a couple examples. This number refers to the mesh of the sieve used to size the silica, specifically, the number of holes in the mesh or sieve through which the crude silica particle mixture is passed in the manufacturing process.
Adsorbent particle size affects how the solvent flows through the column. Smaller particles (higher mesh values) are used for flash chromatography; larger particles (lower mesh values) are used for gravity chromatography. For example, 70–230 silica gels are used for gravity columns and 230–400 mesh for flash columns.
- Posted By: Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd
- Phone: 862045785142
- Address: jiangsu,chian, jiangsu, China
- Website: http://www.silicon-gel-china.com/
Published date: August 22, 2013 -
- Business Description: SILICA GEL supplier Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd. is primarily engaged
in manufacturing silica gel since 2001. Our silica gel manufacturing
plant is located in Maanshan with manufacturing capacity of more than
500 MT silica gel per year. We are manufacturing Indicating silica gel &
Non Indicating type of SILICA GEL in all grades such as blue silica gel,
orange silica gel and basic silica gel such as type A silica gel , type
B silic gel ,type C silica gel and another special silica gel Column
chromatography silica gel
Desiccant Silica Gel In ChinaChemical - Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd - China - August 22, 2013 - contact company for price
Desiccant silica gel also can be called as dry silica gel will adsorb up to 40% of its own weight in watervapour. This adsorption efficiency is approximately 35% greater that typical desiccant clays, making desiccant silica gel the preferred choice w...
Crude Coal Tar PitchChemical - tianjin tiankai chemical industry import and expor - China - August 15, 2013 - contact company for price
Density(20°C) : 1.15-1.21g/Cm3 Water Content :4% max Ash Content : 0.3 % max. Insoluble in Toulene : 5%-8% Quinoline Insoluble : 10 max. Naphthalene :7% min; pakage:225kg/drum;18mt/20'fcl; we are one of the biggest manufacture of crude coal tar and b...
Hydrazine Hydrate 55 In ChinaChemical - Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd - China - August 12, 2013 - contact company for price
hydrazine monohydrate is a colorless, fuming and basic solution with a peculiar bad smell, soluble in water and alcohol, insoluble in chloroform and ethyl ether, flammable and corroding glass, rubber and leather, hydrazine hydrate's severe toxicity a...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"