Iodine 0 1n Standard Solution Cas 7553 56 2 - Indiaprice: contact company for price
I2; Jod; Iode; Jood; Iodio; IODUM;LUGOL; Eranol; IODIDE; Iodine
DESCRIPTION : Light to dark brown clear liquid.
SPECIFIC GRAVITY : Between 1.3200 to 1.3208 (at 25 C)
PURITY : 0.095 NORMAL to 0.105 NORMAL SOLUTION.
Molecular formula : I2
Iodine is a chemical element with symbol I and atomic number 53. The name is from Greek ἰοειδής ioeidēs, meaning violet or purple, due to the color of elemental iodine vapor.
Iodine and its compounds are primarily used in nutrition, and industrially in the production of acetic acid and certain polymers. Iodine's relatively high atomic number, low toxicity, and ease of attachment to organic compounds have made it a part of many X-ray contrast materials in modern medicine. Iodine has only one stable isotope. A number of iodine radioisotopes are also used in medical applications.
Iodine is found on Earth mainly as the highly water-soluble iodide ion I− which concentrates it in oceans and brine pools. Like the other halogens, free iodine occurs mainly as a diatomic molecule I2, and then only momentarily after being oxidized from iodide by an oxidant like free oxygen. In the universe and on Earth, iodine's high atomic number makes it a relatively rare element. However, its presence in ocean water has given it a role in biology. It is the heaviest essential element utilized widely by life in biological functions (only tungsten, employed in enzymes by a few species of bacteria, is heavier). Iodine's rarity in many soils, due to initial low abundance as a crust-element, and also leaching of soluble iodide by rainwater, has led to many deficiency problems in land animals and inland human populations. Iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of intellectual disabilities.
Iodine is required by higher animals, which use it to synthesize thyroid hormones, which contain the element. Because of this function, radioisotopes of iodine are concentrated in the thyroid gland along with nonradioactive iodine. If inhaled, the radioisotope iodine-131, which has a high fission product yield, concentrates in the thyroid, but is easily remedied with non-radioactive potassium iodide treatment.
- Posted By: Infinium Pharmachem Pvt Ltd.
- Phone: 02692238850
- Address: Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand, India
- Website: http://www.sodiumiodide.net
Published date: November 15, 2013 -
- Business Description: At Infinium Pharmachem Pvt. Ltd., we are well focused to Iodine
chemistry & this is the only core area of ours. Hence, we are working as
CRAMS, but our domain is very restricted to Iodine chemistry & it
revolves around Iodine derivatives or Iodination. It is also reflected
in our Product List. We manufacture & supply range of Iodine
derivatives, but on Order to Made basis only. However, we keep in ready
stock many of well demanded products.
Acetic Silicone Sealant NeutralChemical - Taosign corporation - China - May 16, 2016 - contact company for price
TAOSIGN Corporation ( Brand SealPRO) Â Produces, Â SEAL PRO General Purpose Sealant / Neutral Silicone Sealant/ weatherproof sealant SEALPRO Fast Cure Acetoxy Silicone Sealant / Acetic Silicone Sealant Application: GeneralÂ sealingÂ andÂ bonding Â Co...
Magnesium Oxide Supplier PriceChemical - Meishen Technology - China - May 11, 2016 - contact company for price
Currently, the main suppliers of magnesium oxide in the world are divided into two kinds. One kind is the content of magnesium oxide 93- 95% , which is widely seen in underdeveloped countries and produced by high pollution raw materials of dolomite, ...
Anti Kit V560d Mouse Monoclonal AntibodyChemical - NewEast Biosciences - USA - May 4, 2016 - contact company for price
Catalog Number: 26281 Gene Symbol: C- Kit; CD117; KIT; PBT; SCFR Description: Anti- KIT ( V560D) Mouse Monoclonal Antibody Background: Tyrosine- protein kinase Kit, also known as proto- oncogene c- Kit or CD117 or Mast/ stem cell growth factor recept...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"