Magnesium Hydroxide Supplier - Chinaprice: contact company for price
Magnesium hydroxide is a common component of antacids and laxatives; it interferes with the absorption of folic acid and iron. Magnesium hydroxide powder has low solubility in water, with a Ksp of 1.5×10?11; all of magnesium hydroxide that does dissolve does dissociate. Since the dissociation of this small amount of dissolved magnesium hydroxide is complete, magnesium hydroxide is considered a strong electrolyte.
1. Mg(OH)2 is used as an Magnesium hydroxide antacid to neutralize stomach acid, and as a laxative.
2. It is also used as an antiperspirant underarm deodorant. Milk of magnesia is useful against canker sores (aphthous ulcer) when used topically.
3. Magnesium hydroxide is sold for medical use as chewable tablets, capsules, and as liquids having various added flavors.
4. It is primarily used to alleviate constipation, but also to relieve indigestion and heartburn.
5. It is also used as an antacid, though more modern formulations such as Maalox combine the antimotility effects of equal concentrations of aluminum hydroxide to avoid unwanted laxative effects.
6. Magnesium hydroxide is also used as a folk remedy, applied and massaged into the scalp a few minutes before washing, to relieve symptoms of seborrhea and dandruff.
7. It is also said to be used for seborrheic dermatitis, which is a drying and flaking of the skin similar to dandruff but often occurring on the face.
8. Magnesium hydroxide powder is used industrially as a non-hazardous alkali to neutralise acidic wastewaters.
9. It also takes part in the Biorock method of building artificial reefs.
10. Solid magnesium hydroxide also has smoke suppressing and fire retarding properties. This is due to the endothermic decomposition it undergoes at 332 °C (630 °F).
11. Common uses of magnesium hydroxide as a magnesium hydroxide flame retardant include plastics, roofing, and coatings. Another mineral mixture that is used in similar fire retardant applications are natural mixtures of huntite and hydromagnesite.
- Posted By: Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd
- Phone: 862045785142
- Address: jiangsu,chian, jiangsu, China
- Website: http://www.silicon-gel-china.com/
Published date: November 18, 2013 -
- Business Description: SILICA GEL supplier Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd. is primarily engaged
in manufacturing silica gel since 2001. Our silica gel manufacturing
plant is located in Maanshan with manufacturing capacity of more than
500 MT silica gel per year. We are manufacturing Indicating silica gel &
Non Indicating type of SILICA GEL in all grades such as blue silica gel,
orange silica gel and basic silica gel such as type A silica gel , type
B silic gel ,type C silica gel and another special silica gel Column
chromatography silica gel
Aluminium Hydroxide Supplier In ChinaChemical - Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd - China - November 18, 2013 - contact company for price
Appearance: Aluminium hydroxide powder which has been heated to an elevated temperature under carefully controlled conditions is known as activated alumina and is used as a desiccant, an adsorbent, in gas purification, as a Claus catalyst support, wa...
Zinc Borate SupplierChemical - Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd - China - November 18, 2013 - contact company for price
Appearance: White crystal powder, without poison, flavor and corrosiveness. Doesn't dissolve in water and other organic solvent, is easy dissolved in hydrochloric acid & sulfuric acid, etc. Good thermal stability, small granule size, less specific gr...
Activated Alumina SuppliersChemical - Fenglong Chemical Co., Ltd - China - November 18, 2013 - contact company for price
Characteristic: Activated alumina is manufactured from aluminum hydroxide by dehydroxylating it in a way that produces a highly porous material; this material can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/g. The compound is used as a A...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"