Sulfur Dioxide Sulphur - Chinaprice: contact company for price
formula SO2. It is a toxic gas with a pungent, irritating smell, that is
released by volcanoes and in various industrial processes.Sulfur dioxide
is an intermediate in the production of sulfuric acid, being converted
to sulfur trioxide, and then to oleum, which is made into sulfuric acid.
Sulfur dioxide for this purpose is made when sulfur combines with
oxygen. The method of converting sulfur dioxide to sulfuric acid is
called the contact process. Several billion kilograms are produced
annually for this purpose.Sulfur dioxide is sometimes used as a
preservative for dried apricots, dried figs, and other dried fruits
owing to its antimicrobial properties, and it is sometimes called E220
when used in this way. As a preservative, it maintains the colorful
appearance of the fruit and prevents rotting. It is also added to
sulfured molasses.Sulfur dioxide is an important compound in winemaking,
and is designated as parts per million in wine, E number: E220.Sulfur
dioxide is also a good reductant. In the presence of water, sulfur
dioxide is able to decolorize substances. Specifically it is a useful
reducing bleach for papers and delicate materials such as clothes. This
bleaching effect normally does not last very long.Being easily condensed
and possessing a high heat of evaporation, sulfur dioxide is a candidate
material for refrigerants. Prior to the development of CFCs, sulfur
dioxide was used as a refrigerant in home refrigerators.
- Posted By: Central China Special Gas Co., Ltd.
- Phone: 867348755678
- Address: Jiefang Rd, Hengyang, China
- Website: http://www.ccsg.cn
Published date: May 30, 2013 -
- Business Description: Central China Special Gas (CCSG) Co., Ltd is specialized on gas
industry; our main product is industrial gases, specialty gases, gases
equipments. With Chinese booming economy, CCSG now is one of the most
active player on industrial and specialty gas in China. CCSG's products
Fluorogases: SF6, HF, CHF3, CF4, C2F6, C3F8, C4F8
Hydrocarbons: CH4, C2H4, C2H6, C3H6, C3H8
Rare gases: Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon
Calibration Standard Gases, mixtures
Other gases: D2, CO, H2, SO2, Cl2, HCL, N2O, NO, NO2...
Mixed Gas Carbon DioxideChemicals - Dioxide - Central China Special Gas Co., Ltd. - China - May 30, 2013 - contact company for price
Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless, non-combustion, non-flammable gas at the standard atmosphere pressure, which is widely used in food industry, oil industry, and chemical industry. Carbon dioxide is a food additive used as a propellant and aci...
Phosphorus TrichlorideChemicals - Dioxide - Futong Chemical Co.,Ltd. - China - October 15, 2012 - contact company for price
This product mostly be used in making trichlorfon, dichlorvos, acephatemet, acetyl-acephatemet, phosphorus oxychloride, phosphorous acid, triphenyl phosphate, tri phenolic ester phosphate, organophosphorus herbicide and glyphosate. Also be used in ma...
Titanium DixoideChemicals - Dioxide - Tianjin Weikete Import&Export Co.,Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
1. Appearance: White Powder 2.Uses:Titanium dioxide is widely used in paint, coating, plastics, rubber, ink, paper, chemical fiber, ceramics, daily chemical, medicine, food and other industries. 3. Packing: 25kg/PP bag 22MT/20'FCL or according to cli...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"