Chemicals Safety Science 2009 - Chinaprice: contact company for price
Other names: Zinc white, Calamine
Molecular Formula: ZnO
CAS number: 1314-13-2
Appearance: white solid
As a food additive, zinc oxide is on the U.S. FDA’s generally recognized as safe, or GRAS,
Zinc oxide itself is non-toxic; however it is hazardous to breathe zinc oxide fumes, as generated when zinc or zinc alloys are melted and oxidized at high temperature. This problem occurs while melting brass because the melting point of brass is close to the boiling point of zinc.
Exposure to zinc oxide in the air, which also occurs while welding galvanized (zinc plated) steel,
can result in a nervous malady called metal fume fever. For this reason, typically galvanized steel is not welded, or the zinc is removed first.
Zinc oxide is an inorganic compound with the formula ZnO. It usually appears as a white powder,
nearly insoluble in water. The powder is widely used as an additive into numerous materials and
products including plastics, ceramics, glass, cement, rubber (e.g. car tyres), lubricants, paints,
ointments, adhesives, sealants, pigments, foods (source of Zn nutrient), batteries, ferrites, fire
retardants, first aid tapes, etc. ZnO is present in the Earth crust as a mineral zincite; however, most ZnO used commercially is produced synthetically.
In materials science, ZnO is often called a II-VI semiconductor because zinc and oxygen belong to the 2nd and 6th groups of the periodic table, respectively. This semiconductor has several favorable properties: good transparency, high electron mobility, wide bandgap, strong roomtemperature luminescence, etc. Those properties are already used in emerging applications for transparent electrodes in liquid crystal displays and in energy-saving or heat-protecting windows, and electronic applications of ZnO as thin-film transistor and light-emitting diode are forthcoming as of 2009.
Place of Origin: Tianjin, China
Normal Package: 25kg/bag
Minimum Order Quantity: 20MT
Main Port of Dispatch: Tianjin, China
Thank you in advance for your consideration
- Posted By: Tianjin Jinyixin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Phone: 8602258018756
- Address: HongqiaoDistrict,Tianjin，HebeiAvenueShangdu, Tianjin, China
Published date: September 7, 2012 -
- Business Description: involved in international trade import export of goods, products, and services
We Sell Iron OxideChemicals - Oxide - SHENYANG AIDEFU CHEMICAL CO.,LTD - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Molecular Formula: Fe2O3 CAS No.: 1309-37-2 Einecs No.: 215-570-8 Type: Iron Oxide Red, Yellow, Blue, Brown, Black, Green, Orange etc. Product Feature Appearance: Powder Product Specification/Models Specification: Iron Oxide Yellow: ITEM SPECIFICATIO...
Zinc Oxide Feed 20mts TileChemicals - Oxide - Qingdao Wantianda Chemical Co., Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Product: Zinc Oxide Chemical Formula: ZnO CAS No: 1314-13-2 Appearance: White Powder Packing:25 kgs in net bag 20mts in 20’ FCL Usage: Rubber Industry, Paints Industry, Ceramics Industry, floor tile, glass, feed additive, etc Zinc Oxide Feel free to ...
Rare EarthChemicals - Oxide - Shanghai Tangge Industries&Trade Co.,Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Dear Sir or Madem，We are a company who have been operating rare earth systems.Our products including Cerium Oxide, Terbium Oxide, Lanthanum Oxide, Praseodymium Neodymium Oxide and so on.We provide productions for Akzo Nobel, Allied Signal and ...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"