Formic Acid Manifests Environment Tract - Chinaprice: contact company for price
Other names: Hydrogen carboxylic acid, Aminic acid, Methanoic Acid
Molecular Formula: CH2O2
CAS number: 64-18-6
Appearance: Colorless, fuming liquid
Solubility in water Miscible
The principal danger from formic acid is from skin or eye contact with liquid formic acid or with
the concentrated vapors. Any of these exposure routes can cause severe chemical burns and eye
exposure can result in permanent eye damage. Inhaled vapors may similarly cause irritation or
burns in the respiratory tract. Care should be taken wherever large quantities of formic acid fumes are present as carbon monoxide may also be present in formic acid vapors. The US OSHA
Permissible Exposure Level (PEL) of formic acid vapor in the work environment is 5 parts per
million parts of air (ppm).
Formic acid is readily metabolized and eliminated by the body. Nonetheless, it has specific
toxic effects; the formic acid and formaldehyde produced as metabolites of methanol are
responsible for the optic nerve damage causing blindness seen in methanol poisoning. Some
chronic effects of formic acid exposure have been documented. Some animal experiments have
demonstrated it to be a mutagen, and chronic exposure may cause liver or kidney damage. Another affect of chronic exposure is development of a skin allergy that manifests upon re-exposure to the chemical.
Concentrated formic acid slowly decomposes to carbon monoxide and water, leading to pressure buildup in the container it is kept in. For this reason 98% formic acid is shipped in plastic bottles with self-venting caps.
Formic acid (systematically called methanoic acid) is the simplest carboxylic acid. Its formula is
HCOOHor CH2O2. It is an important intermediate in chemical synthesis and occurs naturally, most notably in the venomof bee and ant stings.
Place of Origin: Tianjin, China
Normal Package: 20; 25; 35; 50; 250kg/plastic drum
MinimumOrder Quantity: 20MT
Main Port of Dispatch: Tianjin, China
Thank you in advance for your consideration
- Posted By: Tianjin Jinyixin Chemical Co., Ltd
- Phone: 8602258018756
- Address: HongqiaoDistrict,Tianjin，HebeiAvenueShangdu, Tianjin, China
Published date: September 7, 2012 -
- Business Description: involved in international trade import export of goods, products, and services
2 6 DihydroxypyridineChemicals - Wuhan EnTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Name:2, 6-Dihydroxypyridine MF C5H5NO2 MW 111.1 CAS 626-06-2 Assay:97+% 2 6 Dihydroxypyridine Please see our contact information below
2 Chloro 4 NitropyridineChemicals - Wuhan EnTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Name: 2-Chloro-4-nitropyridine MF C5H3ClN2O2 MW 158.54 CAS 23056-36-2 Appearance:Light yellow powder Assay:97+% 2 Chloro 4 Nitropyridine For any questions and needs please contact us below
5 Methylnicotinoyl Chloride 884494 65306 C7h6clnoChemicals - Wuhan EnTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd - China - September 7, 2012 - contact company for price
Name:5-METHYLNICOTINOYL CHLORIDE MF C7H6ClNO MW 155.58 CAS 884494-95-5 Assay:97+% 5 Methylnicotinoyl Chloride Thank you in advance for your consideration
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"