Semi Polished Porcelain Floor Tiles From Sitco - Indiaprice: contact company for price
walls, with a water absorption rate of less than 0.5 percent. They can
either be glazed or unglazed. Although porcelain has been used for
making tiles for many years, only modern production methods and
quantities has made the porcelain tile available for the average
householder in recent years.
The dense, hard surface of porcelain has made polishing a viable alternative to a glazed surface. This means that a tile can be fired, then a polish cut into the surface, creating a shine without a glaze. Porcelain is much harder than ordinary ceramic tiles and is usually selected, despite its higher price etc. porcelain can be used in dry areas such as wall murals, dadoes and less traffic zones.
Disadvantages of Porcelain:
Porcelain is denser and therefore heavier to handle than other ceramic tiles. For this reason, it is generally more expensive. Being harder, it is more difficult to cut and drill, which can hamper fitting and increase costs. Polished porcelain may need sealing, where ordinary glazed tiles do not. the glazed surface is coated with less than two microns. porcelain attracts stubborn stains and becomes brittle when contact with chlorinated water and acids.
Specialised cements are necessary for installation of porcelain tiles, and in the US specifications, are set by the Tile Council of America[ 1] and supported by the Tile Contractors Association. Porcelain, being denser and heavier than ordinary ceramic tiles, needs a stronger adhesive to hold the weight on walls. Therefore typical ready- mix adhesives are not recommended for porcelain.
When porcelain is first made, it is not absorbent, but the polishing process for making the unglazed surface shiny cuts into the surface, leaving it more porous and prone to absorbing stains, in the same way as natural stone tiles. Unless they have a suitable, long- lasting treatment applied by the manufacturer ( for example, nanotech treatment) , polished porcelain tiles will need sealing. Porcelain sealants are either solvent- based or water- based, which is cheaper, but does not last.
- Posted By: SITCO INDIA
- Phone: 914762622534
- Address: DASAN BUILDINGS,MARKET ROAD,KARUNAGAPALLY, KOLLAM, India
- Website: http://www.sitcoindia.com
Published date: December 15, 2015 -
- Business Description: SITCO is a multifaceted enterprise and an active participant in an array of services inclusive of Manufacturing, Agricultural Commodities, Agricultural Tools and Equipments, Building Materials, Plants & Machineries, Minerals and Chemicals, Coir & Geo Textiles, Jute Products, International Trading, and Business Consultation. Combining matchless experience, deep insight on numerous industry trends and business functions, we collaborate with clients helping them to be high performance businesses houses.
Committed towards providing the finest products to our global clientele, our ultimate goal is client satisfaction. Our efficient services and superior products stand the test of time and our quality services has awarded us with the trust of our valuable clients. We concentrate on the integrity of our business and the consistent chain of our clients, distributors, and associates form the pillars of our success.
Plain PlywoodConstruction - Building Materials - Hermit Resource - Malaysia - May 17, 2016 - contact company for price
Plywood is the most conventional wood panel product that can be found in many parts of the world. By bonding with Moisture Resistant ( MR) or Water Broil Proof ( WBP) glue, plywood can be used in many sectors such as the furniture and civil engineeri...
Hot Sale Chemical Admixtures For Concrete Water Reducing Admixture Made In ChinaConstruction - Building Materials - Henan Thinkhigh Material Technologies Co., Ltd. - China - May 10, 2016 - contact company for price
Hot sale chemical admixtures for concrete- Concrete Water Reducing Admixture made in China, also known as the polycarboxylate superplasticizer, which are supplied by Henan Thinkhigh Material Technologies Co. , Ltd. , is the most advanced concrete adm...
Fiber Cement Board 12mmConstruction - Building Materials - Nantong Worldpull Industry Company Ltd. - China - May 6, 2016 - contact company for price
Description Fiber Cement Board Raw Materials Cement, Quartz Sand, Fiber Standard Size 1220mmÃ—2440mm/ 1200mmÃ—2400mm Max Width 1250mm Max Length 3050mm Thickness from 4mm- 25mm Density 1.1- 1.8g/ cm3 Color Any Color Water Content â‰¤10 Water Absorpti...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"