Soft Starter Manufacturers From China - Chinaprice: contact company for price
used to slowly
ramp up a motor to full speed, and/or slowly ramp down the motor to a
stop. To reduce both current draw and the mechanical strain on the
system, soft starters are used in place of contactors. By providing
smooth acceleration and deceleration of the load, soft starters are able
to reduce wear on belts, gears, chains, clutches, shafts and bearings.
Many large pumps and fans require at least a 30-second ramp time to
prevent mechanical damage to the system. Typically, soft starters are
more common on larger horsepower systems. They are often critical for
applications where an abrupt stop of the load may cause system or
Adding a soft starter to the bypass allows the motor to be ramped up to full speed, thus reducing the mechanical and electrical stress on the system.
As you can see, each type of starting controls the voltage to the motor. In order to do this, the soft-start chops up the sine wave, changing AC voltage to DC voltage and then back to AC voltage. As the sine wave is being chopped up, it is creating harmonic currents.
If we apply a capacitor to this motor circuit, the capacitor becomes the lowest impedance in the motor circuit. When this happens, most of the harmonic currents will flow to the capacitor, causing the capacitor to draw more current than it normally would. Consequently, the capacitor fuses will blow or the capacitor cell itself will fail. So how do we keep the capacitor from doing this?
When we look at soft starters, the time it takes to reach full speed can be anywhere from 0 to 30 seconds. So what we need to use is a capacitor with a contactor (See figure below). When the startup is complete and the 'up to speed' signal is energized, then we can energize the capacitor contactor. This will keep the soft-start harmonic currents from your capacitor.
- Posted By: Soft Starter Manufacturers
- Phone: 8613928480245
- Address: Building 2 Xuwu Gongle Xixiang, Bao'an District Sh, Shenzhen, China
- Website: http://www.softstarter.org
Published date: October 16, 2013 -
- Business Description: A soft starter is a device used to reduce inrush current to reduce the
load on a motor's electrical circuits. Inrush current is the initial
surge of current into the windings that is required to overcome inertia
during motor startup. A soft starter provides protection to machines
with high inertia. It slowly ramps up the speed, which prevents
overheating or stress on parts of the motor.
Soft Starters has been designed to drive three phase three wire squirrel cage induction motors. It s also possible on STE family to drive motor with 6 wire connection to reduce the circulating current inside STE. Three different family are available.
Vfd Variable Frequency DriveMotors - Parts - VFD Manufacturer - India - October 16, 2013 - contact company for price
A VFD controls AC motor speed. The drive converts the fixed supply frequency (60 Hz) to a variable- frequency, variable-voltage output to enable precise motor speed control. Many VFDs even have the potential to return energy to the power grid through...
Soft Starter For Protecting MotorMotors - Parts - Soft Starter Manufacturers - China - October 16, 2013 - contact company for price
Soft starter is designed for use with standard 3-phase squirrel cage motors. It provides an advanced method of reducing current during motor starting and stopping. A maximum start-up current is specified with the Gozuk Soft Starter. It is not exceede...
Fiberglass Agm Battery SeparatorMotors - Parts - Fengxin Industrial Co. Ltd - China - September 6, 2013 - contact company for price
AGM Separator The AGM separator is one kind of environmental-protection material which is made of micro glass fiber (Diameter of 0.6-6μ M). It is white, innocuity, tastelessness and specially used in Value Regulated Lead-Acid batteries (VRLA bat...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"