· I forgot my password.
There is a link to a password reminder form everywhere you are requested to enter your password. Enter your email address in this form and your password will be sent to you via email immediately.
· Where can I view a complete list of the categories?
A complete list of all of Worldbid.com's categories can be found on the Email Trade Notification sign-up page [accessible from our home page]
· How do I register my company with WorldBid.com?
To register your company information and gain access to all of Worldbid.com's services, please fill out the registration form located in the Account Management section or go to: /account/edit_reg.htm
· I want to update my company information.
You can update your company information any time by clicking " Edit Your Company Information" in the Account Management section.
· I want to change my email address.
You can change your email address any time by clicking on "Edit Your Company Information " in the Account Management section.
· I want to change my password.
You can change your password any time by clicking on "Edit Your Company Information" in the Account Management section.
· How do I sign up to receive trade leads by email?
To receive notices sent directly to your email whenever an offer to buy or sell is posted in your industry category, you must sign up for opt-in "Email Trade Notifications" (ETNs). First, you must be a registered user on Worldbid.com (see II.i. above). After registering, go to your Account Management page and click on "Add" under the ETN Section to register to receive ETNs in as many industry categories as you are interested.
Note: WorldBid.com processes over 1000 leads per day. Adding too many categories to your mailing list may flood your email account.
· How do I add categories to my mailing list?
To add ETN categories to your email list, go to your Account Management page, click on "Add " under the ETN section and follow the instructions.
· How do I delete categories from my mailing list?
To delete ETN categories from your email list, go to your Account Management page, click on " Remove" located under the ETN Section and follow the instructions.
Requests to Buy
Offers to Sell
· How do I track the responses to my posted buy or sell offers, and showroom items? How can I see my tracking results in chart form?
Go into your Account Management section and click on "View Stats" beside the item of interest. A chart will be displayed showing the day-to-day activity, along with the total page views to date.
Email Notifications and Trade Leads
· Do I have to respond to leads that I am not interested in or unable to fulfill?
No. You are under no obligation to respond to any lead that does not interest you.
· How do I get in touch with the poster of the bid?
Please contact the interested party directly using the contact information supplied with the Email Trade Notification.
· Should I cc my response to Worldbid.com?
No. Worldbid.com does not mediate business communications and/or transactions between members.
· I was unable to contact the other party. Can WorldBid.com provide me with alternate contact information?
All available contact information is supplied with the Email Trade Notification. WorldBid.com has no alternate information.
· I experienced a hard drive crash, etc. Can WorldBid.com resend the bids that I missed or lost?
Unfortunately WorldBid.com cannot resend Email Trade Notifications. All leads can be located on the site within their respective categories. Older leads will be in the Archives.
· Where can I find bids that I missed/lost?
All leads can be located on the site within their respective categories. Older leads will be in the Archives.
· I am having trouble viewing WorldBid.com's Email Trade Notifications.
WorldBid.com's Email Trade Notifications are in html format. Please verify that your email program or service supports html.
· How do I post my requirement through WorldBid.com?
Click on the appropriate posting link at Worldbid.com's home page and select the most appropriate category from the drop-down menus on the following pages. Fill out the posting form and your request will be submitted for review by our staff.
· I posted my requirement, but it didn't show up on the site. Why?
All postings must fit the following criteria for approval:
- They must be posted to the correct category.
- They must be of a business-to-business nature and should include specific details on items.
- They must include adequate contact information.
- The minimum time allowable between postings for the same items and terms is 30 days.
· I received an error message when attempting to post my requirement.
Verify that all mandatory fields have been filled and that you are using the email address/password combination that your organization is registered under. Passwords are case-sensitive.
· Is there a minimum amount of time that I must wait before reposting the same request?
The minimum time allowable between posts for the same items and terms is 30 days.
· I cannot find a suitable category for my products. What can I do?
You may submit requests for new categories to Worldbid.com here
Resources and Other Services
· How do I access the Trade Lead Archives?
The Archives for each category may be accessed from the "Archived Bids on CD Rom" link on the home page. Fill out the form and Worldbid.com will mail you a CD Rom with over $10 billion in buy and sell trade leads.
· How do I access the Directory?
Click on the "Directory" link and select the category then sub-category to find the business you a looking for..
· How do I obtain Email Trade Notifications in my preferred language?
This service is still under development.
· My request could not be completed because my password was not the same as the one in WorldBid.com's records.
Passwords are case sensitive and must be used with the email address your company is registered under. If you have forgotten your password, there is a link to a password reminder form everywhere you are requested to enter your password. Enter your email address in this form and your password will be sent to you immediately.
· My request could not be completed because my email address is not listed in WorldBid.com's records.
You have not yet registered your company with WorldBid.com [see II.i. How do I register my company with WorldBid.com?]
Suggested Email Programs / Services
WorldBid.com's Email Trade Notifications are in html format and an html compliant email program or service is recommended.
- Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express
- Netscape Communicator