D2 Steel Cold Work Tool - Chinaprice: contact company for price
has high wear and abrasion resistant properties. It is heat treatable
and will offer a hardness in the range 55-62 HRC, and is machinable in
the annealed condition. D2 steel shows little distortion on correct
hardening. D2 steel’s high chromium content gives it mild corrosion
resisting properties in the hardened condition.
Typical applications for D2 steel are blanking, forming, and trim dies, gages, slitting cutters, wear parts, lamination dies, thread rolling dies, drawing dies, rotary cutting dies, knurls, bending dies, gages, shear blades, burnishing tools, rolls, machine parts, master parts, injection screw and tip components, seaming rolls, extrusion dies, tire shredders, scrap choppers, Stamping dies, Forming Dies, Punches, Forming Rolls, Knives, slitters, shear blades, Tools, Scrap choppers, Tyre shredders, etc.
FORGING:Heating for forging must be done slowly and uniformly. Soak through at 1850°-1950°F and reheat as often as necessary, stopping work when the temperature drops below 1700°F. After forging, cool slowly in lime, mica, dry ashes or furnace. D2 should always be annealed after forging.
ANNEALING: Heat slowly to 1550°-1600°F, hold until entire mass is heated through, and cool slowly in the furnace (40°F per hour) to about 1000°F, after which cooling rate may be increased. Suitable precautions must be taken to prevent excessive carburization or decarburization.
STRESS RELIEVING: When desirable to relieve the strains of machining, heat slowly to 1050°-1250°F, allow to equalize, and then cool in still air (Strain Relieving).
PREHEAT PRIOR TO HARDENING: Preheat slowly to 1350°-1450°F and hold at this temperature until material is uniformly heated.
HARDENING:After thorough preheating, heat to 1800°-1850°F. Hold the work piece at the hardening temperature until it is completely and uniformly heated.
QUENCHING: D2 steel is an air hardening steel and will develop hardness on cooling in still air. To avoid scaling and prevent decarburization of the work piece surface, controlled atmosphere or vacuum furnaces are recommended. If these furnaces are not available, pack hardening, salt baths or wrapping the piece in stainless steel foil will provide some degree of surface protection in the hardening process. Parts should be allowed to cool to 150F, or to where they can be held in the bare hand, and then temper immediately.
TEMPERING: The tempering temperature may be varied according to the desired hardness. If maximum hardness is desired, tempering should be in the range 300°-400°F, but if a lower hardness is acceptable, tempering at 950°F will give the optimum combination of hardness and toughness.
- Posted By: Shanghai Unite Steel
- Phone: 008615502127172
- Address: Room 1109, Green Land International Plaza, No. 275, Shanghai, China
- Website: http://www.shunitesteel.com
Published date: June 2, 2013 -
- Business Description: involved in international trade import export of goods, products, and services
Supply Grinding Steel Rod For The MillsSteel - Hot Rolled - Shandong Huamin Steel Ball Company - China - March 7, 2013 - contact company for price
HUAMIN is the only supplier of steel rods products by heatment in the CHINA. Suit Equipment: Rod mills. Tech Specs: It is a hot rolled rod of high carbon and chromium alloyed steel. It offers a hardness of ≈55HRc in surface, slowly decreasing t...
Weathering Steel Plate A588 Grade A B Gr CSteel - Hot Rolled - Xinsteel Industrial Co.,Limited - China - December 10, 2012 - contact company for price
weathering steel plate A588 Grade A, A588 Grade B, A588 Grade C, A588 Grade K. Steel Name: Weathering steel plate, Atmospheric corrosion resistant steel plate Main steel grades: S235J0W, S235J2W, S355J0WP, S355J2WP, S355J0W, S355J2W, S355K2W, SMA400A...
Shipbuilding Steel Plate Lr Grade Dh36 Eh36 Fh32Steel - Hot Rolled - Xinsteel Industrial Co.,Limited - China - December 10, 2012 - contact company for price
LR Grade DH36, LR Grade eh36, lr grade fh32 shipbuilding steel plate 1. Steel Name: Shipbuilding steel plate, Ship plate, Marine steel plate 2.Main standard:ABS, LR, DNV, GL, NK, KR, BV, CCS, RINA. 3.Related grades: Common strength ship plate A, B, D...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"