Nuclear Medical Radiation Shielding - Chinaprice: contact company for price
Experts find that radiation exposure could be reduced by maxing shielding. The density of a material is related to its radiation stopping ability. Higher density means better stopping power and shielding. Due to a higher density, tungsten heavy alloy has a much higher stopping power than lead. Its greater linear attenuation of gamma radiations means that less is required for equal shielding. Alternatively equal amounts of tungsten shielding provide diminished exposure risks than equivalent lead shielding.
Tungsten heavy alloy is a suitable raw material for radiation protection, as its combination of radiographic density ( more than 60% denser than lead) , machinability, good corrosion resistance, high radiation absorption ( superior to lead) , simplified life cycle and high strength. It can provide the same degree of protection as lead whilst significantly reducing the overall volume and thickness of shields and containers. Besides, compared with lead or depleted uranium in the past, tungsten heavy alloy is more acceptable in this case, for they are non- toxic.
Appliance for tungsten heavy alloy in radiation protection
The usage of tungsten heavy alloy in radiation protection is not subject to NRC, EPA, or special OSHA regulations, so it has been widely used, such as:
Radioactive source containers
Gamma radiography shields
Source holders for oil well logging and industrial instrumentation
X- ray collimators
Tungsten alloy PET syringe shield
Shielding in cancer therapy machines
Syringe protection for radioactive injections
Tungsten syringe shielding
Nuclear shielding wall
- Posted By: Guangxi Chentian Metal Products Co., Ltd
- Phone: 867723600529
- Address: Luzhai County Industrial Park, LIUZHOU, China
- Website: http://www.chentiantungsten.net
Published date: April 12, 2015 -
- Business Description: Development of Guangxi Chentian Metal Products Co., Ltd.( Formerly known as Zhuzhou Southwest Tungsten Alloy Co., Ltd.) can be traced back to 2001 which is a limited liability company engages in manufacturing, machining and sales of tungsten heavy alloy, tungsten copper, cemented carbide, pure tungsten and other relevant tungsten alloy products. Due to its characteristics of high density, high hardness, high melting point, anti corrosion, radiation protection, non toxic and environmental friendly, therefore, our tungsten alloy products are widely used in fields of aerospace, medical equipments, military, mechano electronic, oil exploration, vehicle, sports counterweight, gold plated jewelry etc. Our products mainly include tungsten heavy alloy, tungsten fishing sinker, tungsten dart barrel, tungsten alloy swaging rod, tungsten shot, bucking bar, copper tungsten electrode, boring bar, tungsten alloy syringe, collimator, counterweight etc. Our products are popular in country of America, Canada and Japan etc.
Thermoplastic MaskMedical - Services - Radiology Support - ZIBO YABIN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD - China - July 9, 2016 - 20.00 Dollar US$
[ range of application] 1. used for the fixation when bone fracture, reset of joints dislocation, soft tissue and tendon injury. 2. used for the fixation of rectifying abnormal joints after the operation. 3. used for the fixation of soft tissue acute...
Iron Dextran 10%Medical - Services - Radiology Support - guanghong - China - June 8, 2016 - 10.00 Dollar US$
Product name Iron Dextran solution 10% CAS No. 9004-66-4 Characters This product is the sterilization colloid solution of complex of iron hydroxide and Dextran, is a brown to brown black solution Quality Standard USP 34, CVP 2010 Molecular structural...
High Quality Operating Examination Beds Plxf152Medical - Services - Radiology Support - Perlong Medical - China - June 8, 2016 - 10.00 Dollar US$
Usages of Movable Bed X Ray Machine This x ray bed is a device for the hospital's consultation, treatment and surgical use. It applies to X-ray medical inspection.The Bed is suitable for Mobile X ray PLX8200, PLX8500. Features of PLXF152 High Quality...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce