Double Rams Blowout Preventer For Well Drilling - Chinaprice: contact company for price
Blowout Preventers ( BOPs) are safety devices used to " prevent" the uncontrolled flow of liquids and gases during well drilling operations.
Blowout preventers are large, high- pressure valves that are capable of being remotely controlled. When the driller closes the valve, a pressure- tight seal is formed at the top of the well, preventing the fluids from escaping. There are two major types of Blowout Preventers, Annular ( also known as Spherical) and RAM. Annular BOPs are usually mounted to the very top of the BOP stack. The drilling crew then mounts two, three, or four RAM BOPs below the Annular preventer. If a kick is detected, the annular is usually closed first and then the RAM is used as a backup if the Annular should fail.
A ram- type BOP is similar in operation to a gate valve, but uses a pair of opposing steel plungers, rams. The rams extend toward the center of the wellbore to restrict flow or retract open in order to permit flow. The inner and top faces of the rams are fitted with packers ( elastomeric seals) that press against each other, against the wellbore, and around tubing running through the wellbore. Outlets at the sides of the BOP housing ( body) are used for connection to choke and kill lines or valves.
Rams, or ram blocks, are of four common types: pipe, blind, shear, and blind shear.
Pipe rams close around a drill pipe, restricting flow in the annulus ( ring- shaped space between concentric objects) between the outside of the drill pipe and the wellbore, but do not obstruct flow within the drill pipe. Variable- bore pipe rams can accommodate tubing in a wider range of outside diameters than standard pipe rams, but typically with some loss of pressure capacity and longevity.
Blind rams ( also known as sealing rams) , which have no openings for tubing, can close off the well when the well does not contain a drill string or other tubing, and seal it.
Shear rams cut through the drill string or casing with hardened steel shears.
Blind shear rams ( also known as shear seal rams, or sealing shear rams) are intended to seal a wellbore, even when the bore is occupied by a drill string, by cutting through the drill string as the rams close off the well. The upper portion of the severed drill string is freed from the ram, while the lower portion may be crimped and the â€œfish tailâ€ captured to hang the drill string off the BOP.
- Posted By: Dongying Lake Petroleum Technology Co., Ltd
- Phone: 00865467080020
- Address: Huanghe Road, Dongying City, Shandong, China, Dongying, China
- Website: http://www.lakepetro.com
Published date: November 4, 2015 -
- Business Description: Dongying Lake petroleum is a professional oileild equipment supplier in China. Our products range includes: Drilling accessories, oil production equipment, OCTG, Wellhead, well control equipment etc. We have good experience on exporting petroleum equipment oto our foreign clients. The good quality has been highly appreciated by them. Welcome any client who has interest in this filed come and consult.
Co2 Liquid Transport Truck TankPetroleum - Equipment - Co2 Liquid Tankers - India - January 30, 2016 - contact company for price
We are Exporters and manufacturer of Liquid Co2 Tank , liquid co2 transport tanks, vertical storage & transport Production Plant and Liquid CO2 transport tanks at cheap cost. The tanks are either PUF insulated or Vacuum insulated as per customerâ€™s ...
Liner For Mud PumpPetroleum - Equipment - GE Petroleum Equipment Corporation LLC - USA - November 12, 2015 - contact company for price
GEPEC could provide interchangeable mud pump parts for all major manufactures such as: mud pump liners, mud pump pistons, triplex signal action pistons, piston rods and clamps, pony rods, threaded rings and caps, valve guides, liner packing cage asse...
Tubing PipePetroleum - Equipment - GE Petroleum Equipment Corporation LLC - USA - November 12, 2015 - contact company for price
Specifications API 5CT tubing pipe 1) Size: OD: 2- 3/ 8' ~ 4- 1/ 2' 2) Grades: J55/ K55/ N80/ L80/ P110/ C95 3) Standard: API 5CT & 5B 4) Pipe End: EUE/ NU We have implemented stringent quality control tests system to inspect raw materials and examin...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"