Osb 3 Oriented Strand Board Is An Engineered Wood Based Panel - Russiaprice: contact company for price
consisting of strands of wood which are bonded together with a synthetic
resin; the strands are pressed together in layers. In the outer layers
strands are generally oriented longitudinally in line with the panel
length, whereas in the middle layers strands generally lie in a cross
The wood species used in OSB manufacture include both softwoods ( spruce, pine) and some hardwood. Wood strands are cut tangentially from debarked logs which are held longitudinally against rotating knives. The ribbon of strands produced is usually about 75 mm wide and this breaks up on handling to produce individual strands which are typically 100 mm along the grain and from 5 to 50 mm across the grain.
After drying, these strands are sprayed with a synthetic resin binder. The resin types typically used include Phenol formaldehyde ( PF) , melamine fortified Urea Formaldehyde ( MUF) or isocyanate ( PMDI) , all of which are moisture resistant binders. In Europe, it is common to use a combination of binders, typically PMDI would be used in the core and MUF in the face layers and this has the advantage of reducing press cycles whilst imparting a bright appearance to the surface of the panel.
OSB is readily identified by its relatively large and long wood strands. The orientation of the surface strands is not always visually apparent, especially in small cut pieces of panel. The main merits of OSB lie in the field of its mechanical performance, which is directly related to the geometry of the strands and their orientation within the panel. Although OSB is made up of relatively large strands of wood, its surface is relatively smooth and this can be further enhanced by sanding without loosing the aesthetic character which is unique to OSB.
OSB varies in colour from a light straw colour to a medium brown depending on wood species used, resin system adopted and pressing conditions employed. It contains no knotholes, core voids or points of weakness.
- Posted By: MCR Ltd
- Phone: 79629355122
- Address: 23Myachkovskaya nab., Moscow, Moscow, Russia
Published date: September 11, 2015 -
- Business Description: The MCR Ltd is a company actively engaged in Import, Export, Trading and
Consulting business in various types of Fertilizers, Plywood, OSB, Wood
panels,Sulphur, Wheat Flour, Chocolate.
We are glad to invite new customers with wonderful service
Plywood Birch And PineWood - MCR Ltd - Russia - September 4, 2015 - contact company for price
Birch plywood MR produced in our Russian factory is an environmentally safe, water- resistant, extremely strong and wear- resistant material, recommended for internal use. Due to its light weight and resistance to temperature changes, plywood is perf...
Osb 3 Oriented Strand BoardWood - MCR Ltd - Russia - September 4, 2015 - contact company for price
OSB ( Oriented Strand Board) is an engineered wood- based panel consisting of strands of wood which are bonded together with a synthetic resin; the strands are pressed together in layers. In the outer layers strands are generally oriented longitudina...
Pine Face Veneer Core PlywoodWood - VINH THINH INVESTMENT IMPORT EXPORT.,JSC - Vietnam - March 25, 2015 - contact company for price
We, pinewoodveneer( ) com is leading manufacturer and exporter of face veneer with details as below Pine face veneer Specifications: + Size( WxL) : 1000mm x2000mm, 600mm x1000mm + Thickness: 0.5mm, 0.7mm, 0.9mm, 1mm or your request + Moisture: <14...
Safe Trade Tips
- Ask for business references and check them
- Use a payment method that offers better protection for all such as Letters of credit and verified professional escrow services. Avoid payments in advance such as money transfers
- Verify their business via their local Chamber of Commerce
- Search the internet using their website address, their business name, their phone and fax numbers, and their email addresses to see if you can find any feedback about them.
- Get to know more about scams to avoid: Internet Crime Complaint Center - International Financial Scams
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"